The first public school in Easton was a frame building built about one-fourth mile north of the Easton townsite.
A new brick school building was built in Easton and finished in 1894. At first just two rooms downstairs were used for classrooms. Later, two rooms on the second floor were used.
In 1955, the Easton school district consolidated with the Wells district, and only grades one through six were taught in Easton. Palma Herron and Madeline Pate were the last two teachers to teach in the school in the spring of 1962. The building was purchased and razed in 1967.